Nurse Leader/Manager, Patient Care Services - Telemetry - FT
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Southeast Georgia Health System
Summary: The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who can inspire others to work together in pursuit of a common goal, such as enhanced patient care. This candidate is a professional nurse who executes responsibilities that demonstrate leadership, experience, and creative approaches to the management of complex client care. This nurse must have demonstrated performance and leadership that is broad enough to improve the care for a group of patients, and is responsible to to apply the nursing process at the unit/team/work group level to improve care and outcomes. The nurse/manager leader will direct and supervise the work of nursing service team members 24 hours/day, 7 days/week on designated patient care unit to include: assignments, scheduling, orientation, supervision, guidance and evaluation of nursing personnel to ensure and maintain a high quality of patient care. All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety, follow established policies, and adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint Commission requirements, and national patient safety standards.
- Commitment to excellence
- Build culture around service
- Create and develop leaders
- Focus on employee satisfaction
- Build individual accountability
- Align behaviors with goals and values
- Communicate on all levels
- Recognize and reward success
- Maintain the budget for the unit within guidelines by demonstrating financial responsibility for staffing, patient charges, and equipment purchasing/leasing.
- Collaborate with the patient cares service team to ensure appropriate flexing of resources based on patient needs and volume fluctuations. Will perform direct patient care as needed.
- Participate in the periodic review and evaluation of the quality and appropriateness of nursing care for areas of responsibility. Identify opportunities for performance improvement and develop plan to support.
- Identify opportunities to improve the patient experience and implements unit based plan to improve.
- Maintain open communication with Director/Brunswick Campus or Assistant Administrator of Patient Care/Camden Campus. Communicate, collaborate, and function with other members of the health team to provide optimum care.
- Work with physicians and physician extenders in a collegial manner for the resolution of patient care problems.
- Maintain a high quality for patient care and patient teaching and assisting staff in ideas and implementation of patient education and teaching.
- Ensure effective unit orientation for area of responsibility.
- Develop unit based retention and recruitment strategies. Monitor turn-over indicators for performance.
- Develop unit based educational plan for ongoing professional development of nursing team.
- Provide coaching and progressive discipline as appropriate for staff. Observe staff performance and evaluates staff on an ongoing basis with at least annual feedback of nursing team. Work and communicate with all individuals at the appropriate age, level of education, maturity and understanding.
- Monitor supplies and equipment for appropriateness of PAR levels and equipment repair/replacement needed. Work with Supply Chain on procurement as indicated.
- Responsible for infection control and performance improvement for the unit/units and maintains records and submits reports as determined by policy.
The ideal Nurse Leader/Manager, Patient Care Services should posses the following minimal qualifications:
- Graduate of a Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years progressive acute healthcare organization supervisory experience, or demonstrated leadership competencies following the completion of a management and leadership development program.
- Current RN License to practice in the state of Georgia.
- Knowledge of Cerner electronic health record preferred.
Service Excellence: All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote service excellence by developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, other team members, and the medical staff and will ensure the highest quality of care by performing their responsibilities according to the highest professional standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin. EOE/AA: M/F/D/V