Registered Nurse/House Supervisor - Senior Care Center - FT
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Southeast Georgia Health System
Position Summary: Provides patient care using the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety, follow established policies, and adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint Commission requirements, and national patient safety standards.
- Effectively manages the care of assigned patients using knowledge, skills, judgment and decision making skills for the specific area. Effectively carries out charge nurse role when assigned. Effectively supervises staff.
- Delivers patient care utilizing guidelines of care and appropriate resources, including personnel, services, supplies and equipment. Utilizes patient care supplies/equipment in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Reviews, evaluates and takes appropriate action regarding results of diagnostic tests. Communicates with physician per regulatory standards.
- Administers medications according to Health System policy.
- Performs and documents a nursing assessment to identify and prioritize physical, psychosocial and cultural needs and develops a plan of care per protocols.
- Evaluates and reassesses nursing interventions based on interdisciplinary plan of care and makes revisions as appropriate.
- Develops and implements an education plan in collaboration with patient and family. Documentation meets compliance with regulatory standards.
- Successfully completes other duties as may be assigned.
The ideal Registered Nurse/House Supervisor candidate should posses the following minimal qualifications:
- Graduate of a Diploma, Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree Nursing Program
- Current RN license to practice in the State of Georgia.
- Nursing skills as defined in the law governing the practice of nursing in Georgia.
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification is required.
- Positive interpersonal skills; uses good judgment; demonstrates professional growth and development.
Service Excellence: All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote service excellence by developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, other team members, and the medical staff and will ensure the highest quality of care by performing their responsibilities according to the highest professional standards
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin. EOE/AA: M/F/D/V