Office Nurse - CMA or LPN - Weight Management
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
- Performs nursing duties by: assisting with patient exams and procedures, administering injections as ordered. Properly collecting lab specimens and completing waive testing as ordered by provider. Maintaining appropriate logbooks for lab testing and other procedures.
- Provides patient care by: Returning patient telephone calls and correctly answering general medical questions.
- Maintains patient care areas by insuring cleanliness, stocking them as needed. Monitor supplies and assist in ordering of supplies as necessary.
- Uses professional judgment when interpreting data and making knowledge-based decisions. Utilizes appropriate multidisciplinary resources and demonstrates ability to appropriately involve provider and or supervisor/management when indicated.
- Maintains a safe work environment by: adhering to the policies and procedures of the department and organization; complies with all regulatory requirements, appropriately operating equipment; following established infection control guidelines and reporting safety hazards.
- Collects pertinent clinical information for provider by: interviewing patients at each visit and accurately recording information in chart, obtaining vital signs and properly documenting. Provides initial assessment of patient and properly documents in patient chart.
- Provide appropriate documentation in chart regarding dispensing of samples to patients and assist in maintaining pharmaceutical sample cabinets.
- Schedule patients for testing and procedures as ordered by provider. Make referrals to specialist and other providers per provider request and document referral information in patient chart.
- Graduate of an accredited LPN or CMA program
- IL CMA or LPN License
- Willingness to work cooperatively with others to advance the mission and values of the organization.
- Knowledge base or willing to learn nursing skills essential for a psychiatric/mental health office setting.
- Good communication skills and willingness to work with others in a team approach.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality guidelines.
- Demonstrate good judgement and decision making skills.
- Ability to use computer or willingness to obtain computer skills.
- Prefer previous office experience, will accept new grads
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 30 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily.
- Standing or walking more than 4 hours a day.
- Running to respond to patient emergencies.
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 7 hours a day.
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation.