Occupational Therapist - Centralia Days/PRN
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Centralia
- Assesses patients by: performing individualized evaluations for patients in all age groups within your areas of competence, developing plans of care and goals based on the findings in the assessment and utilizing patient/family input.
- Provides treatment to patients by: implementing plan of care and monitoring results, modifying treatment plan based on patient response, and directing assistants/aides as appropriate in care program to ensure highest quality of care.
- Documents patient care by: timely completion of patient related documentation in an accurate and complete manner. Remains within regulatory standards. Completion of other department related documentation in and accurate and timely manner.
- Provides education to patient/family /staff by: assessing patient/family educational needs. Providing education to the patient/family, assessing their response and acting based on that response. Adjusting educational materials to meet the patients' needs. Participating in multidisciplinary team conferences in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provides for continuity of care by: participating in discharge planning with patients, families and other health care providers as appropriate, providing home instructions to patient and caregivers, recommending and or providing equipment/ home modifications, and recommending appropriate follow up care if needed.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement by; assisting in identifying opportunities for improvement/change, assisting in data collection/analysis, assisting in making and implementing recommendations for improvements/change, participating with the shared governance team, participating in focus groups/performance improvement teams as needed.
- Coordinates therapy services with other facilities by: demonstrating positive interactions with administrations, other departments, physicians, patients, families, and outside agencies, timely participation on teams and committees, timely and effective resolution of conflicts, demonstrating effective communication skills.
- Protects patients, visitors and employees by: keeping information confidential, following infection control guidelines for hand washing, cleaning and others as they apply to therapy and participating in proper operation, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Illinois Licensure.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Able to communicate effectively using verbal and written means with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as patients and the public regardless of age or developmental ability. Able to determine and meet customer needs. Able to maintain confidentiality. Projects a positive attitude, is flexible and able to work collaboratively with coworkers. Able to delegate to and mentor staff and/or students. Able to plan and organize own workload and that of others. Able to assess and choose effective treatments for individualized care. Able to operate standard therapy equipment. Word processing skills.
- Master's Degree preferred.