RN - Home Health
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by SSM Health at Home
As a Home Health Nurse you will serve our community by delivering exceptional professional nursing care to our patients - in the comfort of their own home! In this position you will assess, plan, implement, and coordinate care. You will also delegate and monitor some tasks assigned to other members of the care team. Educating the patient and their family members for their specific needs using today's innovative technology, and being the eyes of the physician make this specialized position unique and critical to positive patient outcomes. Our patient care team consists of Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, and more! Our patients (mostly adult and geriatric) have a wide variety of medical conditions - very similar to a medical surgical unit in the hospital. Travel with your company issued laptop, charting as you go!
Enjoy a flexible and autonomous schedule as you cruise through both urban and rural areas where our patients are located. We offer competitive mileage reimbursement rates, as well as a mission centered culture. Join our large organization, which provides stability and growth
- Performs patient assessments including: biophysical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the patients, including the assessment of nutrition, pain management, and signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop, evaluate and modify patient's plan of care.
- In conjunction with other disciplines, develops a realistic, comprehensive patient family educational plan, using appropriate resources and methods of instruction and provides patient/family health teaching.
- In coordination with Clinical Supervisor, assures policies, practices and procedures are followed.
- Performs documentation, including the processing of physician orders, in accordance with Home Care policies and procedures. Monitors and evaluates delivery of nursing care given by team members based on patient needs and professional judgment.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals regarding patient care. Identifies need to change plan(s) of care.
- Meets or exceeds established productivity standard while maintaining quality patient care.
- Completes annual competency requirements satisfactorily.
- Performs case management & collaborates with other health care providers & delivers results for positive clinical & financial outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- RN Associate's Degree
- Current OK RN license
- Valid Driver's license
- 1+ years of experience required as an RN
- RN Bachelor's Degree
- Acute care experience
- 1 + years of Home Health or Hospice RN experience
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily.
- Standing or walking more than 4 hours a day.
- Running to respond to patient emergencies.
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 4 hours a day.
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation.