Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Job Juncture
We are seeking a Quality Engineer with metals manufacturing production Quality Engineer experience and responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will come from a large manufacturing plant environment with experience gained in Quality Engineering, (PPAP), APQP, development and application of SPC's and process FMEAs (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis). The ideal candidate will have experience in metal parts production processes in large scale manufacturing plant environments. This is a growth oriented position and the company offers an excellent runway for advancement opportunities.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Conduct audits of the Quality System and the manufacturing process
- Lead Quality Auditors and support quality updates and verifications
- Lead on the analysis of assembly Defect Material Reports
- Development and application Statistical Process Control; SPC to prevent and solve manufacturing and assembly process issues
- Develop and maintain Process Control Plans
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis; FMEAs
- Specify equipment, gauging, and procedures necessary to evaluate the product
- BS Mechanical/Electric/Electronics Engineering or related field
- Lean manufacturing/Six Sigma certifications preferred
- 3 to 5 years manufacturing experience in the automotive industry - Tier 1 manufacturing/assembly environments
- Strong experience in Quality systems audits and techniques
- Strong experience with quality tools and processes of SPC and FMEAs
- TS16949 knowledge preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience with mechanical processes, tolerance, measurements and blueprints
- Manufacturing systems knowledge
- Experience with new product launches
- Desire to grow and advance within the organization
Please submit your resume for this Quality Engineer position.
$60k - $80k Annual