Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Philadelphia Business Journal
This position will work on the marketing/advertising design
needs of Philadelphia Business Journal as well as assist with the
layout of the weekly newspaper. The designer will create and design
PBJ house ads and other promotional materials. The designer will
maintain high standards for visual design throughout our products,
with a keen eye for details pertaining to accuracy, presentation,
photography, typography and graphics.
The design department is responsible for the design support of all
departments in the office, including editorial, advertising and
marketing across all platforms, including our signature
Email resume, cover letter with salary requirements and a link to
design samples to Design Manager, Sarah Price at
. Only applications with design samples will
be considered (please do not send samples as PDFs or attachments).
No phone calls please. No relocation available.
• Will be the lead designer on marketing, advertising and
signature event campaigns, including print ads, digital ads, Power
Point presentations, flyers, email newsletters, logos, signage and
other collateral, from conception to execution, across all
• Will be responsible for creating print and digital ads following
Philadelphia Business Journal standards. These ads will be for
clients and promotional needs.
• Will be responsible for some production and pre-press duties,
including color correction of photos.
• Will execute company-wide design format, standards and style
• Will perform all tasks in a timely manner and check work before
presenting it to make sure it is submitted error-free.
• Will be cross-trained in editorial and serve as backup/support in
• Will design special publications and advertorial sections within
• Will be primary contact with printer for special publications and
• Must have excellent time management skills, ability to meet
deadlines and multi-task.
• Take on any other assignment made by manager(s)
• Work cooperatively and collaboratively with all colleagues and
professionally with sources and vendors
• One to three years graphic design experience
• Mac OS X and extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
Photoshop, InCopy), HTML/CSS, Flite, and Power Point
• Illustration ability is a big plus, as are copy editing/writing
and informational graphic skills
• Knowledge of the current industry trends, including paper stock
and production quality, are a plus.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience