Energy Engineering Consultant
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by VEIC
The VEIC Engineering team is looking for two new hires to support the growing demand in energy planning (battery storage, grid resiliency, flexible load management) as well as industrial process scopes of work both in Vermont and nationally. Experience in these two specific areas is highly preferred.
In this role, you will work with wide range of customers including national clients, utilities, business owners, architects, engineers, vendors, trade allies and other relevant players to promote the installation of cost-effective efficiency improvements in customers' future and existing buildings/facilities and to creatively overcome barriers to installation in accordance with VEIC strategic plans.
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future - we hope you'll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical, electrical or related engineering field plus a minimum of seven years' experience analyzing multifamily, commercial or industrial energy use, identifying opportunities for energy improvements, and assisting customers or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills were acquired.
- Positive attitude and collaborative approach to work.
- Applies situational leadership to working with colleagues and clients.
- Experience delivering creative and innovative energy solutions.