Adjunct Instructor, Dental Hygiene
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Kirkwood Community College
Pay is $1,208 per credit hour.
Monday 8:00am- 12:00pm
Monday and Wednesday 1:00-4:00pm in Iowa City at University of Iowa College of Dentistry.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Kirkwood Community College seeks a skilled and enthusiastic individual to join our team as an Adjunct Instructor. The successful candidate will have strong knowledge base in their discipline and teaching experience at the college level is desirable. Primary duties will include instructing students in courses, and communicating with department staff, students, and other faculty.
Kirkwood Community College's Allied Health Department is seeking a clinical instructor for the Dental Hygiene program. The position requires the candidate to be a current Registered Dental Hygienist with Local Anesthesia Permit with at least 3 years of recent clinical experience. Experience working with students or previous training experience is preferred, but not required.
The position will not be expected to create curriculum, but is expected to adapt existing curriculum to meet the needs of the students in the clinic space and meet all course learning outcomes. Successful candidates will be self-motivated, goal-oriented, be able to communicate complex methods and procedures clearly and precisely to students, conduct test-outs, and maintain correspondence with program faculty.
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Provide instruction in discipline.
- Work with other faculty members to develop a course syllabus and consistent assessments.
- Communicate with department staff, students, and faculty on a regular basis.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Effectively instruct and communicate material for the course.
- Abide by and enforce safety rules when in a lab setting.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
- Position involves working in a classroom setting.
- Occasional (10-33%) sitting, pushing, pulling and grasping.
- Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work.
- Constant (67-100%) standing, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
- Current Registered Dental Hygienist with Local Anesthesia Permit.
- Minimum of 3 years of recent, related experience in Dental Hygiene.
PREFERREDQUALIFICATIONS,LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Experience teaching at the college level.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Kirkwood Community College declares and affirms that it values and respects diversity and inclusion in all College-sponsored events, all employment practices, and all educational programs and activities. The College will not tolerate unlawful discrimination or harassment of persons on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, religion, or disability.
Anyone who has questions or complaints should contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, or by phone to , or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60, Telephone: , Fax: , Email: .