Billing Account Representative II
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Met Life
Role Value Proposition: Provides billing administration and solutions to MetLife group customers across all markets, products and customer billing arrangements. Responsible for the overall customer billing experience and delivering service excellence to standard group customers .
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with group customers and internal partners. Serves as key contact to call center on complex issues. Resolves and responds directly to group customer regarding billing inquiries and issues. May include other internal partners in resolution. Participates in escalation calls as billing expert with Customer, Broker, Sales and Service as situation warrants.
- Conducts proactive outreach to group customers regarding payment discrepancies, misdirected payments, cash received without backup, missing remits, missing payments and overpayments. Offers situation specific alternatives and solutions to assist customers.
- Educates customers on the billing and remittance processes and provides ongoing guidance and support to make billing administration easy for them.
- Performs functions critical to the accuracy of billing for assigned group customers including: daily review and analysis of error reports; suspense management; billing vs remit discrepancies; billing master schedule updates; final bill hold review and release; eligibility updates and identification of D&U.
- Completes group level reconciliations and payment history review. Makes decisions regarding refunds, write-offs and reinstatements.
- Demonstrated customer service skills with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing. Experience handling pressure situations with professionalism and tack.
- Demonstrated math problem solving skills, including attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Bachelor s Degree
- Prior billing experience including reconciliations and payroll processing.
- Experience working directly with customers to resolve issues.
- Experience with insurance/financial systems.
Global Technology & Operations
At MetLife, we re leading the global transformation of an industry we ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition # 110769