Software Engineer, Big Data
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Capital One
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer, Big Data The Role:
We are looking for driven individuals to join our team of passionate software and data engineers in creating Capital One s next generation of data products and capabilities. The team is utilizing big data to transform and filter credit card account information. This information is used by various decision models for various services, including credit limits.
- You will work with a team of software and data engineers who will build data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery for our Spark and streaming data hub
- You will transform complex analytical models in scalable, production-ready solutions
- You will continuously integrate and ship code into our cloud production environments
- You will develop cloud based applications from the ground up using a modern technology stack
- You will work with Product Owners and customers to deliver data products in a collaborative and agile environment
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in software development or data engineering
- At least 2 years of experience with Python
- 3+ years of experience with software development or data engineering
- 3+ years of experience with Python
Associated topics: algorithm, c c++, developer, devops, java, perl, php, software developer, software development engineer, sw