ATM Engineer (Proflex)
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Capital One
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
ATM Engineer (Proflex)
The ideal candidate will be able to jump right into a software engineering role in the Capital One ATM Kiosk space. Looking for a person who is very assertive and articulates technology well. This person need to understand how ATMs fit into a financial institutions environment and should have a focus on performance and needs to know how to develop new functionality and support issues found in the field. They should have a passion for the connectivity between software and hardware, innovating and driving change, and collaborating with other developers.
- ATM Software Stack Engineer capable of designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating testing and deployment
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and design teams
- Collaborating with other technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration.
- Enforcing existing process guidelines; drives new processes, guidelines, team rules, and best practices.
- Working within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across development tools and technologies
- Leading the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Willing, and able to work with new technologies and pitch in on story tasks and bug fixes (design, code, test, CI/CD, deploy, etc)
- You're a tinkerer and love technology - Myo, Amazon Echo, Arduino and IoT, AR/VR, Creative Coding; you like hackathons and innovation sprints.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of software development experience in software and hardware environment.
- At least 2 years of experience in ATM software.
- 3+ years of experience on an ATM Software stack
- 2+ years experience leading collaborative release processes.
- At least 2 years of experience in Java.
- At least 2 years of experience in C++.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.