Radiology Technician Specialist MedStar PromptCare
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by MedStar Prompt Care
MedStar PromptCare is committed to providing world-class, compassionate care to every patient, every time, at every touch point during the experience. All associates are accountable for their role in meeting patient experience standards.
Performs clinical and administrative duties in the MedStar PromptCare Settings consistent with policies & procedures. Works under the supervision of a physician and performs patient triage, care pathways, venipuncture, laboratory testing and patient follow up. Clinical Care Specialists (CCSs) certified as Radiologic Technologists also perform and transmit X-ray diagnostic images. This position documents as appropriate in the medical record and supports optimal patient flow.
- Job Summary
- MedStar PromptCare is committed to providing world-class, compassionate care to every patient, every time, at every touch point during the experience. All associates are accountable for their role in meeting patient experience standards.
- Performs clinical and administrative duties in the MedStar PromptCare Settings consistent with policies & procedures. Works under the supervision of a physician and performs patient triage, care pathways, venipuncture, laboratory testing and patient follow up. Clinical Care Specialists (CCSs) certified as Radiologic Technologists also perform and transmit X-ray diagnostic images. This position documents as appropriate in the medical record and supports optimal patient flow.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Associate's degree or equivalent; Completion of an approved R.T. program.
- Externship in a medical or ambulatory health setting; 2+ years of Medical office experience strongly preferred.
- ARRT Certification; Must have a Maryland State License-Certified Medical Radiation; CPR Certification
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Clinical competency as verified during the initial 90 day orientation period and annually thereafter.Excellent customer service/ patient interaction skills; Computer & Electronic Medical Record skills and ability to function in a variable clinical setting. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to the MedStar PromptCare Code of Conduct and its Compliance plan; complies with governmental and accreditation guidelines, completing all scheduled training including, but not limited to, safety, infection control, OSHA, CPR, EMR, general compliance, harassment and service.
- Cleans, stocks and sterilizes equipment and cleans and prepares patient rooms for care delivery.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Delivers patient care consistent with policy and with high regard for patient/ employee safety and quality of care.
- Embraces new technology and use of the electronic health record.
- Manages patient flow with consistent and frequent communication with patients/ families as well genuine regard for their time and comfort.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves on committees and represents the department and hospital/facility in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs other testing and care consistent with the scope of the MedStar PromptCare practice including, but not limited to, spirometry/ PFTs, patient vitals and BMI, EKGs, vision and hearing test, splinting and general patient care under the supervision of the physician.
- Performs patient follow up calls and professional communication for lab test and clinical results in accordance with policy.
- Performs venipuncture and selected patient and laboratory testing; initiates care pathways in accordance with policy.
- Performs x-rays in accordance with medical provider orders; forwards images to the appropriate radiologist for over-reads; maintains x-ray equipment and adheres to safety standards.
- Promotes an atmosphere of respect toward patients, families, vendors, employers and co-workers. Acts and communicates professionally at all time.
- Provides care consistent with MedStar's mission, vision and values and in a manner that engenders patient confidence and loyalty by exceeding expectations.
- Serves as a patient escort throughout the care process and assists in patient discharge, assuring clarity for the patient or family member(s).
- Supports new clinical and service initiatives; seeks opportunities to improve care and the patient experience.
- Supports other members of the team during downtime or bottlenecks in patient processing. Understands and participates in basic computer and patient intake skills at the front desk.
- Supports the physician in patient examination, testing and education.
- Under physician supervision, prepares and administers oral medications and injections limited to intradermal, subcutaneous, and intramuscular (deltoid, gluteal and vastus lateralis according to policy).
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.