Level II SOC Analyst
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
The Security Operations Center (SOC) team manages multiple Security technologies and produces enhancements that allow SOC team members to work collaboratively and efficiently while responding to threats. The individual in this role will work as part of a cybersecurity operations team responsible for carrying out 24x7 onsite security monitoring operations.
- Ideal candidate will have 3+ years of security related experience in areas such as intrusion detection, incident response/handling, Firewall administration, etc.
- Experience with command line interface and some level of exposure to administering systems and services for various operating systems.
- Knowledge of security incident and event management, log analysis, network traffic analysis, malware investigation/remediation, SIEM correlation logic and alert generation
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, triage and remediate security incidents
- Understanding of Security principles, techniques and technologies such as SANS Top 20 Critical Security Controls and OWASP Top 10
- Knowledge of SIEM solution such as RSA Security Analytics, ArcSight, LogRhythm, QRadarr, Splunk or similar
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Moderate knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, Network Layers, etc.)
- Moderate knowledge of malware operation and indicators
- Moderate knowledge of current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc.)
- Moderate knowledge of security related technologies and their functions (IDS, IPS, EDR, IRP, FW, WAF, SIEM, etc.)
- Moderate protocol analysis experience (Wireshark, tcpdump, Netwitness, Snort, Bro, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of audit requirements (PCI, HIPPA, SOX, etc.)
- Basic programming skills in various disciplines including Scripting languages
Security Certifications Preferred