Technical Author - Contract
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Edissero Ltd
Technical author - four days per week - homeworking - initial six months - to start late September/early October.
Our award-winning, highly successful digital technology client is looking for a technical author to join its supportive and collaborative technical publications team, producing technical content (documentation, user assistance, and multimedia) for technical audiences such as system architects, electronics engineers and developers.
This contract is to start on or close to the 23rd September ideally, is for four days per week and is for an initial six months. Remote working is available after an initial month onsite.
- Good experience as a technical author in a technology or engineering environment.
- A technical software and/or computer hardware background, writing for different, highly technical target audiences.
If you're coming from a hardware background, knowledge of the fundamentals of computer architecture, microprocessors, System-on-Chip (SoC), or Embedded electronics is needed.
- A variety of experience working on different authoring tools and systems.
- The ability to ramp up quickly on processes, tools and systems, with minimal supervision.
- A variety of experience writing for different fields or domains.
Any of the following is desirable:
The ability to write abstract concepts and build technical understanding without the ability to do hands-on' testing; familiarity with programming concepts; ability to read multiple sources quickly, and frame questions to maximum effect; DITA/HTML/XML/XSLT/Doxygen or similar.