Network Engineer HPE Aruba
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
About the role
Leading International Telecommunications Company with high-level contract in the Irish Public Sector requires a Network Engineer with strong familiarity or experience in HPE & Aruba OS technologies
The primary role of the Network Engineer will be to implement solutions across the WLAN/LAN/WAN Enterprise product portfolio in accordance to best practice design and installation. They will also produce and publish low-level technical designs/implementation guidelines and install these solutions as contracted with the customer to best practice standards.
The Network Engineer will also work closely with the Projects, Configuration and Integration teams and Enterprise Services Operations to ensure all technical documentation and knowledge transfer is complete before handing over the solution for In-life support.
* Responsible for ensuring that all designs include an appropriate Enterprise network or solution management component to support monitoring, reporting and capacity planning
* Responsible for defining and gaining sign off for low level technical design/Implementation guides for contracted solution with the customer. (internal)
* Build and stage Network/UC solutions for customer HQ, Distribution centres and branches in accordance to low level design documents.
* Support upgrading, implementation, deployment and go-live of agreed networks/Services to deliver agreed solution both inside and outside business hours as required
* Adhere to Change Management Processes to ensure implementations are controlled and managed with minimal impact to the both Vodafone and Customers networks and services..
* Provides systems/product training to internal stakeholders and customers.
* Responsible for providing in-depth troubleshooting expertise in all accountable Networks and Services.
* Collaborates with vendors on complex product hardware and software issues, driving resolution of defects.
* Work with cross-functional teams to resolve major customer issues as and when required.
* Proactive problem identification and resolution.
* Participate in on-call rota and provide expert assistance to on-call support specialists.
* Provide inputs to Network Problem Resolution and Root-Cause Analysis statements
* Assist Presales teams in realising customer opportunities through the validation of solutions that utilise the products and services that exist within the ECS and Vodafone Product Portfolios.
Essential Candidate Requirements
* Engineering Professional with 4 + years experience preferably in an enterprise environment
* Proven track record of building and delivering customer solutions to agreed scheduled timelines.
* Strong customer interaction, written and verbal communication.
* Expert knowledge of WAN/LAN design and Routing/Switching/forwarding protocols.
* Experience of making a contribution during pre-sales/bid phases
* Ability to priorities and manage internal and external stakeholder to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Strong grasp of Aruba technologies (essential)
* Cisco certification level to CCNP
* Strong grasp of Firewall technologies (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto)
Potential candidates should ideally have either a strong understanding or direct experience with:
* Aruba Wireless
* Aruba Clearpass
* Aruba Certified Mobility Associate or Professional (ACMA/ACMP)
* IMC/Aruba Airwave/Aruba Central experience
* HP certification to Master ASE certification or Aruba ACSP
IMPORTANT! All applicants must have immediate availability to work in the EU as our client cannot provide any kind of Visa or Work Permit sponsorship at present.
For more information on this role, please contact Níall or send current CV along with brief cover letter through this site