Senior Hadoop Developer - Amsterdam
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Templeton and Partners
Templeton & Partners is an international IT recruitment agency that specializes in the IT/Digitital transformation market for over 23 years. We are situated in several locations world-wide; London, Berlin, Amsterdam, Zurich and Shang Hai. We are specialized in the following niche markets: Financial Applications, CRM suit, Software Developement, Big Data & Analyticis, Smart Technologies, Enterprise Cloud and Cyber Security.
Currently Templeton and Partners are seeking a "Senior Hadoop Developer" for a duration of mimium 7 months at one of our largest clients situated in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Sr Hadoop Developer that is responsible for (technical) design as well as coding of data ingestion layer as well as data delivery layer of Hadoop stack. Demonstrates proven experience in configuring big data environments and is able to coach a team of medior and junior developers.
With the following results:
- Ensures Hadoop environment is setup with a flexible, scalable ingestion layer and data delivery layers
- Team delivers every other week in line with design framework & coding standards.
Relevant knowledge, skills, competences & desired education level:
- Very experienced in working with HortonWorks tools like Ambari, HDFS, Spark, Hive (techincal design, writing code, test & review)
- Experienced in Java & Python
- Has experience with working in an Agile-scrum setup
- Is able to (technically) lead and educate others
- Is able to design/deliver coding standards for the team
- Pre: experience with integrations with PowerBI and Elastic
- Pre: experience with running Hadoop on Azure
- Pre: has some background/knowledge in traditional datawarehouses
We are looking forward to receive your application, and will be in touch promptly to discuss this opportunity in more detail.