Backend Java Developer - Trading & Banking
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Eames Consulting Group Ltd
My Private banking client is looking for a Java Back End developer for a trading application who maintains the current platform and has the opportunity to improve and create new libraries and frameworks upon which their trading platform is based.
You will build, test & deploy new tools, services & product features as well as continuously drive & improve the system.
You must have:
- Test driven development experience (JUnit) & mocking libraries (eg.Mockito).
- Principles of Object Oriented programming, interfaces, abstractions, dependencies etc. Core Java & related utilities/libraries, particularly collections, multi-threading (Java.util.concurrent.* package), JSON, JDBC, Maven
- Spring framework, JDBC templates and JPA
- Messaging and JMS
- Relational database modelling
- Good code review skills, pride in code quality
Nice to have:
- Experience in Hazelcast and Elasticsearch
- Previous ActiveMQ hands-on experience
- Good understanding of Unix operating systems, experience in bash Scripting
- Experience in the Financial Services area
If you are someone who is a team player, can work within an agile environment & possesses a can do attitude then please apply directly or contact me on email (see below)
To be considered for this role you must hold a valid EU passport or Swiss permit.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.