Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by ITech Consult
Our client is one of the largest independent manufacturers of building control systems in Europe and is a pioneer and a recognized international leader in the development of Smart Building Energy Management Systems for building optimization for over 30 years.
They are currently looking for a Test Engineer to join the team.
* Champion quality within the Test team.
* Review Requirements, Create Test Plans and Test Scripts from Requirements
* Be fully engaged with development from concept & design through to delivery.
* Learn and Understand Products
* Test Execution during Release Cycles
* Perform Functional, Integration, System, Soak and Stress Testing
* Bug logging and tracking
* Create Test Sign-off Reports on completion of Test Cycle
* Help identify Test Gaps
* Develop and maintain automated and manual test scripts for SW/FW.
* Create, execute and continually improve these test scripts.
* Champion the use of test-driven techniques within the team.
* Define and produce quality metrics for all developments showing, for example, the number of test iterations required, number of bugs found etc.
* Work towards Company goal of Zero Defects
* 3+ Years' experience in Software Testing
* Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
* Understanding of Test Processes
* Ability to investigate, debug, and triage difficult problems.
* Creation of comprehensive bug reports, record test results and fixes.
* Ability to provide test estimate
* Understand requirements to be tested
* Complete tasks assigned and ensure the schedule is met
* Write, review, and execute test cases and other test documents as needed
* Work closely with development to identify and resolve issues
* Support sustaining activities
* Engage in continuous improvement of test process and practice enhancement
* Knowledge of source control, build and configuration management techniques & tools.
* Knowledge one or more general Scripting or Programming Language eg Python.
* Experience with Testing Anywhere, Selenium Webdriver or other automation tool
* Ability or knowledge to design, create and run automated test script
* Knowledge of wireless communications technologies.
* Knowledge of hardware.
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918514FK
Role: Test Engineer
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Feel free to contact us for further information.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.