Senior Scala Developer
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Source Technology
Senior Scala Developer
Senior Scala Developer is sought by a leading financial services organisation in Zurich to join their highly talented Software Development Team. My client boasts a progressive technology stack and are engaged in innovation and digital transformation projects hence their desire to find a Senior Scala Developer well practised across in Scala and Java.
As Senior Scala Developer, you will be actively involved in continued innovation, spear-heading new solutions which will incorporate not only the configuration but also impact several processes and implementations. As Senior Scala Developer it will also allow you to take ownership in developing API's and to taking ownership in developing complex algorithms and data structures across my clients Cloud ecosystem.
Consequentially as Senior Scala Developer, you will play a pivotal role in the scrum team. There is an expectation that you are an advocate of progressive processes and have tangible experiences in utilising development tools as well as TDD and CI/CD. My client will be keen to see you have sound knowledge in the application of methods and techniques of software engineering and be an advocate of functional coding and reactive programming languages.
Therefore, a Senior Scala Developer is sought who is passionate in delivering high quality results, keen to work in a highly collaborative culture as well as being highly motivated and open minded to problem solving and technology innovation. As Senior Scala Developer there are excellent working benefits as well as working in an inclusive and modern environment with a tremendous working culture, which boasts a positive and progressive work environment.
Senior Scala Developer permanent profile required:
- Expert knowledge, in developing application in Scala and Java.
- Solid experiences developing distributed applications as well as an ability to demonstrate excellent abilities in data structures and algorithms.
- Well-practised background in relational systems and NoSQL databases.
- An open-minded attitude to new technology trends and methods in coding.
- It is beneficial if you have worked in Financial Services previously but not required.
- It is advantageous should you have had exposure to Cloud systems previously either Google Cloud, AWS or Azure.
- Exposure to DevOps tools is useful but not expected.
- Experiences in data streaming technology or Hadoop stack is welcomed but not a pre-requisite.
- Good academic background in either Computer Science or a similar qualification.
- Must have strong written and spoken communication skills in English, German is useful but not a pre-requisite.
- Agile development experiences and a desire to contribute to further shaping my clients.
Senior Scala Developer permanent contract details include.
Start date: ASAP
Salary: 120,000CHF - 135,000CHF PA plus bonus package
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Interview times: ASAP
If you are interested in applying for this Senior Scala Developer opportunity, please do so via the link.