RN Home Health
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by CHI Mercy Health
Under the direction of the Home Health Manager, the Home Health Staff Nurse incorporates a broad spectrum of knowledge in the application of nursing to provide client care in the home or place of residence. Home Health nursing is holistic and client-focused; integrating family and caregivers, environmental and community resources to promote an optimal level of client well-being. The framework of practice is case management. Case management includes the use of nursing process to assess, implement interventions and evaluate care.
- Assesses and develops a plan of care through interviews of patient and primary caregivers/family, physical assessment and review of history and physical.
- Provides and documents skilled care, treatments and procedures according to the physician s plan of care.
- Demonstrates responsibility for primary nursing management of assigned patients.
- Completes supervisory visits on Home Health Aides and Licensed Practical Nurses per state/federal requirements.
- Assesses and documents homebound status and skilled nursing needs on admission and each subsequent visit.
- Maintains complete, organized, current clinical records on all assigned patients.
- Accurately completes all risk assessment forms, OASIS (Outcome and Assessment Information Sets) assessments and nursing assessments in a timely manner in accordance with Mercy policies and State/Federal/Joint Commission regulations.
- Regularly evaluates the patient s needs and informs physician of changes in the patient s condition to assure appropriate updates in the plan of care. Makes referrals as appropriate and authorized by physician. Coordinates services through consultation and interdisciplinary conferences.
- Assess and identifies need for supplies, equipment and teaching materials. Charges appropriately for supplies.
- Synchronizes laptop to the home system each morning prior to leaving the office and by 5pm each day of work.
- Checks work emails daily as well as SHP (Strategic Healthcare Programs) alerts. Follows up daily as necessary.
- Completes OASIS corrections by the next working day.
- Schedules assigned patient visits for the following week by Thursday.
- Manages assignments with productivity targeted at 5.0 patient visits per day.
- Current RN license issued by the state of Oregon.
- BLS required within 30 days of hire.
- Must possess a valid Oregon Driver s License. Must beable to provide own transportation and automobile insurance.
- Minimum of two (2) years acute care, home health orhospice nursing experience required.
- Previous Home Health/Hospice experience is preferred.
- Must have good assessment, communication anddocumentation
- Associates Degree in Nursing required.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI Mercy Health