Registered Nurse RN Women's Health Gyn Surgical
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by CJW Medical Center
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) dedicated to providing excellent care to your patients as they recover from women s gynecological surgical procedures? Do you have what it takes to support your patients to achieve the best outcomes? If you want to use your special gifts and clinical skills to provide compassionate care to your patients, apply now to join the Women s Health Unit at Johnston-Willis Hospital.
See why our employees love working at Johnston-Willis Hospital!
We are a 292-bed acute care hospital, located in the upbeat, North Chesterfield area, a short drive from Chesterfield Town Center, offering an abundance of restaurants and shops. Our hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in women s health, maternal infant, inpatient rehabilitation, cancer care in coordination with the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute, emergency care via our level III trauma center, and neuroscience, including our Gamma Knife Center.
Women s Health Unit
We are a 15 bed gynecological medical surgical unit. Most of our patients are post-operative surgical, with 50% of the unit made up of gynecological oncology patients. The robotics program on the unit is robust; we are proud that Johnston-Willis Hospital has been named a da Vinci Center of Excellence.
Our patients are experiencing women s health conditions; most are undergoing or recovering from either surgical or non-invasive procedures. Average length of stay is 4 days. The pace on the unit is fast; on a typical day we might start with 15 patients, discharge 10, and get 10 more in from the OR that same day. We strive for a patient nurse ratio of 4:1 on the unit.
We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.
Check Us Out and Like Us on Facebook!
- Diploma or Associates Degree from an accredited School of Nursing (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited School of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Previous experience in an acute care facility (preferred)
- Previous experience in Oncology Medical/Surgical (preferred)
- Full-Time (PRN also may be available)
- 12-Hour Shifts, Nights from 7pm to 7am
- Weekend and Holiday Rotations
We offer a generous compensation package and a wide range of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (*PRNs eligible for these)
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Assistance (up to $5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement)
- Student Loan Assistance Program (up to $150 per month)
- Exciting Voluntary Benefit Options
Intrigued? We d love to hear from you!
\"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.\"
Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, care unit, coronary, intensive, nurse rn, psychiatric, recovery, staff nurse, unit