Registered Nurse RN Intermediate Care Unit IMCU
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by CJW Medical Center
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
Why should you work at Johnston-Willis Hospital?
Hear what some of our employees have to say about why they love working here !
At Johnston-Willis we've been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care through the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute as well as inpatient rehabilitation (with all private rooms), our ER is a state-authorized level III trauma center and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
The Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU) at Johnston-Willis Hospital
- 17 bed Stepdown Unit
- Provides care for a variety of patients; specializes in Geriatric care.
- RNs on this Unit will utilized their skills in moderate sedation, cardiac arrhythmia identification and treatment, universal protocol, core measures, and trach care.
- RNs are given opportunities to cross-train and float to the Intensive Care Unit.
- Experienced and supportive leadership team that afford the opportunity for you to learn, grow, and advance in the unit or other specialty areas within the hospital or across HCA Hospitals.
- Nurses will provide direct access to patients for major procedures and therapies, including resuscitation.
- Consistently maintain competencies in hemodynamic monitoring, dysrhythmia recognition, ventilator management, and other evolving techniques as they are developed.
- Recognize and be cognizant of the impact that a serious illness projects upon a patient and their family.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision.
- Work closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- Communicate effectively and maintain therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff. Evaluate patients' signs and symptoms; then record and report results.
- Set priorities and modify patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
- Collaborate with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment.
- Assist physicians during treatment/examination of patient and processes orders.
- Make appropriate and timely notification to physician on patient condition changes.
- Diploma or Associates Degree from an accredited nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Full Time
- 72 hours every pay period (every two weeks)
- Weekend and Holiday rotations
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, care, care unit, intensive care, intensive care unit, nurse rn, psychiatric, transitional, unit