Registered Nurse RN Intensive Care Unit ICU
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Parkland Medical Center
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Parkland Medical Center
Parkland Medical Center is proud to provide all the care you need close to home in its 86-bed, Level III Trauma hospital in Derry, New Hampshire. Through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart Institute (NEHI) , we bring specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities. With convenient locations in Derry, Londonderry and Salem, we re proud to provide all the care you need close to home.
Registered Nurse (RN) / Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
The ICU nurse will care for seriously and critically ill patients. This includes providing physical, emotional, spiritual and cultural support to the patient. He/she will provide continuous observation and frequent measurements of relevant indicators of clinical conditions and outcomes. The ICU nurse maintains competencies in hemodynamic monitoring, dysrhythmia recognition, ventilator management and other evolving technologies as they are developed. He/she will always recognize and be cognizant of the impact that a serious illness projects upon a patient and their family.
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- 8 bed unit; dedicated to close patient monitoring and advanced medical care.
- Types of patients: medical and surgical patients, including those recovering from serious illness or complex surgery.
- Procedures Performed: brain injuries including bleeding, trauma, stroke, tumors, comas, heat and lung problems, infections and severe sepsis, detox.
- Teamwork heavily focused to promote better patient experience & high quality of care
- Fast paced and collaborative
- A supportive and passionate culture motivated on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders on ICU have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
- A healthy work environment with a low turnover rate
to hear from our Parkland employees on why they love their nursing teams!
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree preferred
- Tuition Reimbursement Program (up to $5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan Assistance (up to $1,800/calendar Year)
- 1 Year of Nursing experience
- NH RN license or valid RN Compact State License
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- CPI within 3 months of hire
- HCA will pay for certification renewals once employed
Intrigued? We d love to hear from you!
\"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.\"
Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, ccu, domiciliary, intensive, nurse rn, psychatric, recovery, surgery, unit