Registered Nurse RN Medical Oncology
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Terre Haute Regional Hospital
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Oncology Unit PRN/Hours Vary
Terre Haute Regional Hospita l is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America, we are dedicated to our Mission, Values and Vision and are committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve. THRH strives to find the perfect life/work balance for our employees.
At our facility, we value teamwork and compassion across the spectrum of care. See what some of our team members have to say about being a part the HCA team :
- \"First and foremost, I love the crew, both day shift and night shift are the best group of management, staff nurses and support staff that was ever brought together in one place. I wanted to find a home and that is what 5E has become to me!
- \" Moving to 5E was the best decision I could have made, from the onset I was made to feel welcomed. The team work and camaraderie with both day and night shifts is awesome. I actually told my husband I found the unit I will be retiring from!\"
- \"I love 5E because of the sense of family, a sisterhood squad away from home. I hear the patients say that too. That they would rather come to Regional instead because of the way they are received on this unit. I obviously love it here. I have spent most of my life on this unit! \"
- Keeping your work/life balance in mind, we offer the flexibility of self-scheduling
- What are your future retirement plans? HCA also provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Engage in growing your talent and gain leadership skills through our Charge Nurse and Preceptor courses. Bonuses for receiving clinical certifications
Position summary: This position is designed to plan, assess, implement, and evaluate the ongoing delivery of care to assigned patients. Also performs nursing care in a holistic manner. Assists the management/charge nurse with responsibilities as needed.
Essential educational/licensure, skills and experience:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred.
- Registered Professional Nurse Indiana licensure
- Have a basic knowledge of JCAHO, CMS and ISBH standards, rules and regulations.
- Have a basic knowledge of performance improvements concepts and unit activities.
- Certification: BLS and RN must be maintained throughout employment with Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, infusion, intensive care, nurse, nurse rn, registered nurse, surgery, surgical, transitional, unit