Registered Nurse RN Clinical Outcomes Analyst
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by LewisGale Hospital Montgomery
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
LewisGale Hospital Montgomery (LGHM) is located in the beautiful mountainous region of Virginia. Montgomery is located in the backyard of the Virginia Tech University campus. LGHM is a HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) hospital and are considered a 146-bed acute care facility. Most importantly, we hold a distinction for being a Magnet Facility and are recognized by the Joint Commission as a Top Performer . Consider being a part of making a difference in our community by joining our facility!
In collaboration with the clinical leadership and the CNO of the facility, assumes lead responsibility for coordination, submission, and successful completion of clinical projects inclusive, but not limited to, selected certifications, re-certifications, accreditations, re-accreditations, as well as assisting to coordinate/write documents for Magnet/Pathway to Excellence and other assigned projects as designated by the facility CNO.
Integrates evidence-based practice into and promotes a culture of inquiry among nursing: serving on the Facility Nursing Research Council. In this capacity, the individual will serve to assist in data collection and analysis as needed or assigned by the CNO/Director of Quality as part of project management.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Facilitates CORE measure process, including process design, data collection and analysis.
- Responsible for data collection, analysis, and communication of results related to quality initiatives.
- Performs data analysis for publicly reported metrics initiatives as assigned; assures all concurrent and retrospective data collection is performed accurately and that databases are appropriately maintained.
- In collaboration with the QRM Coordinator, completes inter-rater reliability testing for Core Measures data submission.
- Completes data abstraction for all core measures. Maintains timely abstraction, submits questions to Q-Net in timely manner, and participates in concurrent chart review to continuous improve core measure data.
- Assists with the Sepsis and Stroke program to ensure early goal directed therapy and aggressive management of the patient with sepsis/stroke.
- Participates monthly Sepsis Program meetings for the evaluation of outcomes, policy and protocol development, review of current best practice through networking and ongoing education, and to provide input into enhancement of current Sepsis/stroke Program.
- W orks in a collaborative manner with all Departmental Leaders, Clinical Staff, Case Management, Clinical Documentation Specialists, Physicians, and other Allied Health Professionals. Assists the Director of Quality with communication and education regarding quality management activities in the organization and the community, and serves as a resource.
- Works to expand knowledge of quality by bringing new ideas and concepts to LGHM.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: Project management, multidisciplinary collaboration, excellent interpersonal communication and positive change facilitation, strong written communication, public speaking and presentation skills, effective time management, ability to multitask, and strong organizational skills.
Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
Preferred: Master's Degree in Nursing
Required: Licensed as RN in Commonwealth of Virginia.
Preferred: Research Coordinator Certification
Whyjoin HCA - LewisGale?
- LowDeductibles for Health, Vision, and Dental
- Team Culture
- Passionfor patient care
- CareerAdvancement through Clinical Ladder
- TuitionReimbursement Program ($5,250/calendaryear)
- Student Loan Assistance Program ($1,800/calendar year)