Registered Nurse RN Interventional Radiology
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Chippenham Hospital
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a familyand not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment wherediversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out whatit truly means to be a part of a team.
Our Interventional Radiology teams are acommitted, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positivepatient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being ofothers, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge andexpertise!
Chippenham Hospital , a 466-bed acute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive fromthe beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance ofshops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is aHospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63 rd on Fortune s 100 , and is one ofthe largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employmentopportunities are almost endless!
Responsibilities of RNs in our InterventionalRadiology Department:
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIALFUNCTIONS
- Demonstratesknowledge of sedation medication, reversal agents, and monitoring equipment inaccordance with sedation policy and procedures.
- Demonstratecritical care skills and is able to assess and intervene as needed to maintainthe patient s physiological homeostasis. Is proficient in administration ofconscious sedation/analgesia and other medications as is necessary in the careof patients.
- Possess sterile technique skills as needed tobe able to scrub minor cases.
- Responsiblefor patient preparation by having knowledge of patient s lab values, allergiesand need for premedications or treatments, as well as patient s history.
- Beable to assist with equipment setup prior to procedures.
- Maintainoptimal function of emergency support equipment and perform daily check andmaintains log sheet.
- Coordinatescheduling and transportation of patients with other departments and with bedcontrol, and be able to communicate specific patients needs in a timely and consistentmanner.
- Providepatient education pre- and post- procedure.
- Performall documentation in accordance with JCAHO criteria and nursing standards asdictated by hospital policy and procedures.
- Maintainappropriate levels of supplies and medications and assist in annual inventoryas needed.
- Demonstratesknowledge of department computer system such as: Accudose, PACS, IVUS,proficient in sending images to PACS/Easy Vision, placing patients into the Philipssystem, able to put in requisition for procedures into meditech, scheduling ofpatients in Meditech, and ordering
- oflabs/other tests etc, in meditech.
- Fulfillcall rotation and Holiday call as determined by departmental need.
- Maintainall temperature logs, blood glucose monitoring
- equipmentdaily checks, perform environmental rounds, assist with room turnover betweenpatients
\"I am new to the InterventionalRad and what I love most is how friendly the co-workers are. This unit isAMAZING!\" AW
\"I enjoy thestaff that I work with and the challenging patients\" TH
\"I love myco-workers, the leadership team, and the flexibility\"- ES
Check Us Out and Like Us on Facebook!
REQUIRED: Minimum three years experienceas a Registered Nurse.
PREFERRED: One-year critical careexperience is strongly preferred strong ER experienced considered as well as
previous radiology nursing experience
REQUIRED: Graduate of an AMA approvedSchool of
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (Required orpreferred)
Current Nursing registration with theState of Virginia
Certification in IV Therapy (required)
ACLS certification (required)
PALS Certification (preferred)
Current CPR certification (required)
Basic Cardiac Rhythm Certification(required )
Our employeescome first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs aremet. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after yourloved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for yourfuture with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits includingtuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spendingaccounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection
Be a part of anorganization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications.Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managersfor interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patientcare
We are an equal opportunity employer and valuediversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, maritalstatus, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: care, care unit, coronary, domiciliary, hospice, intensive, neonatal, nurse, registered nurse, tcu