RN Clinical Coordinator MedSurg Oncology
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by LewisGale Medical Center
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year. LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
Additional Information about our Oncology Unit:
- 33 Bed med/surg unit specializing in oncology and palliative care
- 12 hour shift schedules
- Receive special training to administer chemotherapy
- Work in a team based atmosphere where patients come first
- Opportunities for growth and development with councils and clinical ladder program
- New unit leadership team who are invested in helping you succeed!
- A very rewarding experience
Under the direction of a Nursing Department Director:
1. Demonstrates clinical competence within the specialty Scope of Practice.
2. Under the direction of Department Director, assists clinical coaches and assures that orientation for employees is completed and in accordance with policy.
3. Pursues own professional growth and development through obtaining/maintaining specialty certification, and seeks opportunities for growth.
4. Possesses strong knowledge base of regulatory standards. Under the direction of Department Director, maintains a state of readiness in accordance with regulations and standards; takes appropriate action to identify and correct gaps.
5. Demonstrates teamwork, flexibility and creative problem-solving skills when dealing with others including those culturally diverse, departmental staff, physicians, patients, or families.
6. Participates and supports staff in providing patient care by taking a patient assignment as needed during emergent situations.
7. Works with nursing staff to ensure all nurse sensitive quality metrics (including Core Measures and HCAHPS) are maintained above the National/ NDNQI benchmark through process improvement, reduction in practice variation, and evidence based practice.
8. Works with staff to identify educational and equipment needs, coach and manage performance skills and develop leadership potential.
9. Adheres to hospital and unit policies.
10. Accountable and responsible for required position competencies.
11. Actively engages in Service Excellence initiatives (i.e. ICARE, Hourly Rounding, Bedside Reporting, etc.).
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- LowDeductibles for Health, Vision, and Dental
- Team Culture
- Passionfor patient care
- CareerAdvancement through Clinical Ladder
- TuitionReimbursement Program ($5,250/calendaryear)
- Student LoanAssistance Program ($1,800/calendaryear)
Associated topics: bsn, ccu, coronary, domiciliary, infusion, intensive care unit, nurse, psychatric, psychiatric, transitional