Registered Nurse RN Interventional Care Unit
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Portsmouth Regional Hospital
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation s largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region s residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area s largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Most recently, we were named One of America s Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements through a National Study by Healthgrades. Most recently, we received the Leapfrog A Hospital Safety Grade . Why work at Portsmouth Regional Hospital?
Interventional Care Unit (IVCU)
- 15 bed, all private rooms staffed with RNs, LNA s, CCT s, and CNL
- Types of patients: Step down level cardiac patients, including those with a-lines and titrating vasoactive drips, and severe sepsis
- Types of procedures: Cardiovascular, STEMIs (post cath lab care), CVOR, Electrophysiology and Device Implants, CHF/arrhythmias, Carotid Endarterectomy, Peripheral Vascular Cases (Endovascular and Open), Post-op transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), and post procedural PCI
- Nurse/patient ratio: based on acuity
- Teamwork heavily focused to promote better patient experience & high quality of care
- Fast paced and collaborative
- A supportive and passionate culture motivated on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders on IVCU have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
- A healthy work environment with a low turnover rate ( less than 5% )
- Unit Based Council
- 1 to 3 years of acute care nursing in a critical care environment
- 2 year/Associate s Degree
- 4 year/Bachelor s Degree preferred
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Registered Nurse (RN) License in NH or valid Compact State License
- BLS and ACLS (American Heart Association Health Care Provider)
- Successful completion of Basic Arrhythmia (within 3 months from hire)
- PCCN Certification (preferred)
- TNCC Certification (preferred)
- TCAR Certification (preferred)
- HCA will pay for certification renewals once employed
CLICK HERE to learn more about HCA s Comprehensive Benefits Package.
Intrigued? We d love to hear from you!
\"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.\"
Associated topics: ambulatory, care, coronary, infusion, maternal, registered nurse, staff nurse, tcu, transitional, unit