Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Parkland Medical Center
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Parkland Medical Center
Parkland Medical Center is proud to provide all the careyou need close to home in its 86-bed, Level III Trauma hospital in Derry, NewHampshire. Throughour partnerships with The LaheyHospital & Medical Center and the NewEngland Heart Institute (NEHI) , we bring specialized medicine byhighly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advancedtechnology to our communities. With convenient locations in Derry, Londonderryand Salem, we re proud to provide all the care you need close to home. Whywork at Parkland Medical Center?
Registered Nurse (RN) / Emergency Room (ER)
The Emergency Department nurse isexpected to assist in providing total care of the patient before, during andafter treatment. This includes providing physical, emotional, spiritualand cultural support while providing necessary equipment and supplies for allemergency procedures. Cases may range from the very minor to resuscitative.Nurses will be proficient in triaging according to the Emergency Severity Indexendorsed by the Emergency Nurses Association and will provided assessment andreassessment to determine the response to medications and treatments. TheEmergency Department nurse is expected to work well as a team member, beflexible and able to process much information quickly and correctly and todevelop a care plan to meet the emergent needs of the patient and family.
- 19 bed, progressive, full-service ERwith two large trauma and 2 large cardiac bays, a low acuity area.
- Annual volume is approximately26,000 patients.
- Types of patients: high level of acuity, trauma, cardiac, stroke,psychiatric, detox, severe sepsis.
- Nurse to patient ratio average 1:5
- 12 hour shifts
- Teamwork heavily focused topromote betterpatient experience & high quality of care
- Fast paced and collaborative
- A supportive andpassionate culture motivated on fostering educational opportunities andspecialty certification
- Leaders in the ER have apassion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellentpractice, and collegial relationships
- A healthy workenvironment with a low turnover rate
- Bachelorof Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree preferred
- TuitionReimbursement Program (up to $5,250/calendar year)
- Student LoanAssistance (up to $1,800/calendar Year)
- 1Year of Nursing experience in an emergency room setting
- NHRN license or valid RN Compact State License
- ACLSwithin 6 months of hire
- CPIwithin 3 months of hire
- TNCCwithin 6 months of hire
- ENPCand/or PALS within i6 months of hire
- Basicdysrhythmia training preferred
- HCA will pay for certification renewals once employed
Intrigued? We d love to hear fromyou!
\"We are an equal opportunity employer and we valuediversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, maritalstatus, veteran status, or disability status.\"
Associated topics: ambulatory, care, ccu, coronary, hospice, infusion, mhb, nurse clinical, staff nurse, surgery