Registered Nurse RN Progressive Care Unit PCU
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Henrico Doctors Hospital Parham
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Parham Doctors Hospital , a campus of Henrico Doctors Hospital, is located in the west end of Richmond. Parham Doctors Hospital is a 200-bed facility offering medical and surgical programs including orthopedics, behavioral health, bariatrics, imaging, rehabilitation services, 24-hour emergency care, sleep disorder, podiatry, primary care, and occupational health. The Parham Doctors Hospital campus is home to The Orthopedic Hospital, one of the most honored joint and spine programs in the state.
Additional Information about our Unit:
- 16 private beds
- Types of patients include GI Surgery, stroke, cardiac, neuro, telemetry, post-surgical, drip medications, chest pain, etc.
- Fast pace unit that is a great stepping-stone to critical care allowing a nurse graduate to develop foundational nursing skills, learn medications, task management, and develop critical thinking skills
- This unit requires a nurse who can perform in a fast pace setting and quickly learn task prioritization and time management with the support of leadership
Required Job Qualifications include:
Current licensure as an RN
Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
Student Loan Assistance (Full-time employees: $150 monthly benefit/Part-time employees: $75 monthly benefit)
WE OFFER A GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDING:
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid time off.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts, along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO:
- Providing versatile work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
- Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Associated topics: care, intensive, intensive care, intensive care unit, mhb, neonatal, nurse, nurse rn, surgery, unit