Coordinator Registered Nurse RN Bed Management
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Portsmouth Regional Hospital
SHIFT: No Weekends
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
Portsmouth Regional is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation s largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region s residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area s largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Recently, we were named One of America s Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements through a National Study by Healthgrades. Most recently, we received the Leapfrog A Hospital Safety Grade .
Why We Love Working at Portsmouth Regional Hospital
The Bed Management Coordinator (BMC) coordinates the assignment of patient care beds within the hospital. The BMC collaborates with the facility departments, medical staff and leadership to promote appropriate, timely patient placement in beds and positions so that patient care is not delayed. The BMC facilitates regularly scheduled bed management meetings with facility staff to identify and communicate bed utilization issues.
- Facilitates patient throughput with an on-going focus on quality and efficiency
- Screens admissions, using defined admission criteria, for appropriateness of level of care orders and bed assignments
- Navigates or resolves bed assignment conflicts; escalates as needed to the appropriate resources
- Prioritizes bed requests, coordinates bed reservations, and promptly assigns bed reservation holds for all admissions and transfers in the hospital
- Valid NH RN Licensure or Compact State
- Two year Associates Degree
- 3-7 years of relevant RN experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, bsn, care, ccu, intensive care unit, mhb, nurse, tcu, unit