Grad RN Nurse Residency Neuro Stepdown Unit
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by CJW Medical Center
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for patient care? Do youwant to work for a leading healthcare organization that values yourprofessional growth? Come and join our 2019 StaRN Nurse Residency Program!
Why Our Employees Love Working at Johnston-WillisHospital:
HospitalCorporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK.We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere smost ethical company s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated$3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts,and other uncompensated expenses.
Johnston-WillisHospital, a 292-bed LevelIII Trauma Center, is aHospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune s 500 , and is oneof the largest healthcare systems in the U.S. We are a proud recipient of anA hospital safety rating from The Leapfrog Group in 2016, Goal Seal of Approval , Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, as wellas many other awards .
HCA Nurse ResidencyProgram (Neuro Stepdown Unit)
StaRN Program (12 weeks total):
Our StaRN Program willprovide you with the tools necessary to succeed in today s hospitalenvironment. It will help you transition out of the classroom setting and ontothe unit by providing the following training:
- 5 weeks classroom, self-study,skills & simulations
- 7 weeks preceptorship
- Certifications: ECG,TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI
- 9 month program factored into afull time position on the unit
- You will learn Charge Nurse andPreceptor skills
- You will collaborate with amentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- Your project has an opportunityto gain recognition by corporate for further recognition
September 23rd, 2019
Additional Informationabout our Neuro Stepdown Unit:
- We serve adult and geriatric patients whose primary diagnosis is of a neurological and/or neurosurgical nature, often transferred from Neuroscience ICU and Medical Surgical ICU.
- You will work on a 23-bed private room unit that includes 2 rooms that are 24/7 epilepsy monitoring capable & all rooms are equipped for telemetry monitoring
- Our Patient/nurse ratio is 4-5:1 with tech support
- Our relationships among nurses and physicians are strong. Our neuro physicians want you to learn and are enthusiastic to teach you
- Our Neuroscience Stepdown Unit is the first non-academic Comprehensive Stroke Center in Virginia and the first Brain Tumor Joint Commission Certified Site in the nation . We offer innovative neurologic services and technological capabilities, including Neuro Interventional Endovascular Stroke Rescue and Gamma Knife Services.
We offer you anexcellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellentbenefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and yourability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program, employeestock purchase program, tuitionreimbursement and student loan repayment.
Intrigued? Don't wait,apply today. We are actively reviewing applicationsfor motivated new grads who will help us raise the bar in patient care! Be apart of an organization that invests in you. HCA is dedicated to the growth anddevelopment of our colleagues and we are committed to providing you with thetools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We would love to speak with youabout this fantastic opportunity.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months- BSN preferred
- Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam
- Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
Associated topics: ambulatory, ccu, intensive care, intensive care unit, neonatal, nurse, nurse clinical, registed, surgery, surgical