Grad RN Nurse Residency Womens Health Unit
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by CJW Medical Center
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for patient care? Do youwant to work for a leading healthcare organization that values yourprofessional growth? Come and join our 2019 StaRN Nurse Residency Program!
Why Our Employees Love Working at Johnston-WillisHospital:
HospitalCorporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK.We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere smost ethical company s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated$3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts,and other uncompensated expenses.
Johnston-WillisHospital, a 292-bed LevelIII Trauma Center, is aHospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune s 500 , and is oneof the largest healthcare systems in the U.S. We are a proud recipient of anA hospital safety rating from The Leapfrog Group in 2016, Goal Seal of Approval , Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, as wellas many other awards .
HCA Nurse ResidencyProgram (Womens' Gynecological Surgical Unit)
StaRN Program (12 weeks total):
Our StaRN Program willprovide you with the tools necessary to succeed in today s hospitalenvironment. It will help you transition out of the classroom setting and ontothe unit by providing the following training:
- 5 weeks classroom, self-study,skills & simulations
- 7 weeks preceptorship
- Certifications: ECG,TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI
- 9 month program factored into afull time position on the unit
- You will learn Charge Nurse andPreceptor skills
- You will collaborate with amentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- Your project has an opportunityto gain recognition by corporate for further recognition
September 23rd, 2019
Additional Informationabout our Womens' Gynecological Surgical Unit:
- You will work on a 15-bed gynecological medical surgical unit with a patient population of post-operative surgical and gynecological oncology patients
- Our patients are experiencing women s health conditions; most are undergoing or recovering from either surgical or non-invasive procedures
- You will work on a fast-paced unit where on a typical day we begin with an intake of 15 patients, discharge 10, and get 10 more the same day
- We strive for a nurse to patient ratio of 1:4
We offer you anexcellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellentbenefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and yourability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program, employeestock purchase program, tuitionreimbursement and student loan repayment.
Intrigued? Don't wait,apply today. We are actively reviewing applicationsfor motivated new grads who will help us raise the bar in patient care! Be apart of an organization that invests in you. HCA is dedicated to the growth anddevelopment of our colleagues and we are committed to providing you with thetools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We would love to speak with youabout this fantastic opportunity.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months- BSN preferred
- Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam
- Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
Associated topics: asn, care unit, hospice, intensive, intensive care unit, maternal, nurse, nurse rn, transitional, unit