Registered Nurse RN Behavioral Health
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Terre Haute Regional Hospital
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN) Behavioral Health/Psychiatric Unit - Full Time Nights, 7p to 7:30a with rotating weekends
Terre Haute Regional Hospital is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America, we are dedicated to our Mission, Values and Vision and are committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve. THRH strives to find the perfect life/work balance for our employees.
We re more than a hospital, we re a family!
- Awesome tuition reimbursement, offering competitive pay, educational resources, comprehensive benefits, caring culture and supportive team, plus outstanding leadership.
- Dedicated management staff to help provide continued professional growth
- Full ability to self-schedule
- First Wabash Valley Hospital to be designated as an Accredited Chest Pain Center
- 24/7 Trauma/Surgical Services and In The Process stage for Level II Trauma Center Designation
- Regional Hospital recently earned a 4th-straight 'A' grade in Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade rankings
- The Paul Seibenmorgen Cancer Center at Terre Haute Regional Hospital has received the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer approval with commendation.
Position summary: The Mental Health RN manages the nursing care of patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Performs initial and on-going physical and nursing assessment according to accepted standards of nursing practice
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs
- Carries out physician orders
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each patient
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients
- Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises nursing plan of care as needed
- Collaborates with the treatment team to revise goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient status
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
- Instructs and educates patients and families
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care
- Orients and mentors new staff members
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Attend annual Code of Conduct training course
Essential educational/licensure, skills andexperience:
- Current IN licensure asan RN. RN must be maintained throughout employment with Terre HauteRegional Hospital
- Graduate of anaccredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer serviceabilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinkingskills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervisionin a fast paced environment.
- BLSCertification must be maintained throughout employment with Terre HauteRegional Hospital.
- CrisisPrevention Certification training completion within 30 days of hire andmaintenance of certification throughout employment with Terre HauteRegional Hospital.
- Psychiatric nursingcertification preferred