Registered Nurse RN Infusion Center
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Terre Haute Regional Hospital
SHIFT: No Weekends
Registered Nurse (RN) InfusionCenter Full Time Day shift, no weekends or holidays!
Are you lookingfor a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, oureveryday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team thatis dedicated to serving others in need.
Terre Haute RegionalHospital is a 278-bed LevelII Trauma Center. Regional is the only full-service hospital in the areaaccredited by The Join Commission and has provided quality care for the localcommunity for 135 years. We offer cardiovascular services, including open-heartand cardiac catheterization; oncology services, which include radiation therapyand outpatient infusion labor and delivery, including a neonatal intensivecare unit; inpatient mental health unit; and other specialized care areas,including intensive care and inpatient rehabilitation units.
Our Infusion Centerteam is a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creatingpositive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for thewell-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want yourknowledge and expertise!
What will you be doing?
- Performs and directs nursing procedures and prescribedtreatments, based on knowledge of principles and practice of RegisteredNurse
- In accordance with hospital policy, may insert I.V.s, andadminister I.V. medications
- Observes and records patient reactions to medication,I.V. therapy, and Chemo treatment
- Evaluates patient s signs and symptoms; records andreports results, sets priorities and modifies patient care in response tochanging conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibitinggood judgment
- Collaborates with physician regardingpatient progress towards the desired outcome, assists physician duringtreatment and examination of patient and processes orders, makesappropriate and timely notification to physician on patient conditionchanges
- Receives and transcribes/checks physician sorders in a timely manner
- Provides and documents patient and familyeducation as needed
- Maintains a current, written plan of nursingcare or critical pathways for assigned patients
- May function as a leader of nursingpersonnel and is responsible for their performance
- Actively participates in the orientationof new personnel
Essential educational/licensure, skills and experience:
- Graduation from an accredited schoolof nursing with current or pending licensure by the Indiana State Board ofNursing as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Have a basic knowledge of JCAHO, CMSand ISBH standards, rules and regulations.
- Have a basic knowledge ofperformance improvements concepts and unit activities.
- Certification: BLS and RN must bemaintained throughout employment with Terre Haute RegionalHospital
- Bachelors Degree or currently enrolled to obtain BSN
- Oncology Certification preferred
HospitalCorporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK.We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere smost ethical company s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated$3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts,and other uncompensated expenses.
We are a family270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applicationsimmediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by ourhiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join ourcommunity of caring!
We are an equalopportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminateon the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexualorientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: asn, ccu, domiciliary, infusion, maternal, mhb, neonatal, recovery, registed, surgery