Registered Nurse RN Labor and Delivery
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by LewisGale Hospital Montgomery
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
**Up to $4000 sign on bonus available based on OB experience**
LewisGale Hospital - Montgomery is seeking a Registered Nurse to join their Labor and Delivery team!
LewisGale Hospital Montgomery (LGHM) is located in the beautiful mountainous region of Virginia. Montgomery is located in the backyard of the Virginia Tech University campus. LGHM is a HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) hospital and are considered a 146-bed acute care facility. Most importantly, we hold a distinction for being a Magnet Facility and are recognized by the Joint Commission as a Top Performer . Consider being a part of making a difference in our community by joining our facility!
- Has demonstrated Clinical Judgment as evidenced by graduate of a school of nursing and has successfully passed board exam for licensure.
- The RN demonstrates the essential clinical knowledge to positively affect patient outcomes though implementation of the nursing process of assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating care within the scope of nursing practice per the guidelines of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Demonstrates competent or expert nursing skills.
- Demonstrates clinical wisdom through application knowledge.
- Documents effectively and succinctly in a timely fashion.
- Incorporates time management and prioritizes to demonstrate clinical judgment with efficiency.
- Follows LGHM process for dispensing of medications and narcotic control.
- Resolves clinical problems that occur at the bedside and in the care environment.
- Questions and evaluates practice, creates practice changes through research utilization and experiential learning.
- Motivated to seek literature to answer questions, and brings best evidence to the bedside rather than relying on tradition.
- Completes annual educational requirements and other recommended learning activities.
- Demonstrates caring practices and engagement by creating a compassionate and therapeutic environment, promotes comfort and prevents suffering through presence and attentiveness.
- Creates a safe environment for patients.
- Extends caring practices to all members of the care team with a compassionate attitude. Demonstrates timely pain assessment and reassessment.
- Coaches other members of the team as applicable.
Experience: OB experience highly preferred.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or AssociatesDegree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSNor current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing(preferred)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan Assistance Program (up to $150/month inassistance)
- Current Registered Nurse License in this state
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)Health Care Provider (required)
Associated topics: asn, domiciliary, hospice, infusion, intensive care, maternal, registed, registered nurse, surgery, transitional