Registered Nurse RN Operating Room OR
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by CJW Medical Center
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a familyand not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment wherediversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out whatit truly means to be a part of a team.
Our Operating room teams are acommitted, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positivepatient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being ofothers, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge andexpertise!
See why our employees love working at Johnston Willis Hospital!
Johnston-Willis Hospital, a 292-bed acute care facility, is located in the upbeat, North Chesterfield area, a short drive from Chesterfield Town Center, offering an abundance of restaurants and shops. Johnston-Willis Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63 rd on Fortune s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Additional information about our Operating Room Department:
- 16 Operating Rooms
- Nurses are responsible for the overall care of the patient throughout the peri-operative time period.
- On average, 800 patients are seen monthly
- Types of surgeries conducted: Colorectal, general gynecology, gynecological oncology, general surgery, otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat), urology, urogynecology , Neuro Surgery, Plastics, Out Patient Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
- Leadership opportunities include being a part of Shared Governance councils and professional growth opportunities within our career ladder
- A supportive culture focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
\"I am new to the OR and what I love most is how friendly the co-workers are. This OR is AMAZING!\" AW
\"I enjoy the staff that I work with and the challenging patients\" TH
\"I love my co-workers, the leadership team, and the flexibility\"- ES
Check Us Out and Like Us on Facebook!
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from a school of professional nursing (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Ability to show active OR experience or completed a certified peri-op 101 program or currently enrolled in a peri-op 101 program
- Two years nursing experience
- Full Time
- 8 hour shifts
- 72 hours every pay period (every two weeks)
- Weekend & Holiday On Call rotation
Be a part of anorganization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications.Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managersfor interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patientcare
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: asn, coronary, domiciliary, infusion, intensive care, nurse rn, psychiatric, recovery, surgical, unit