Registered Nurse RN Medical Surgical
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by John Randolph Medical Center
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse RN Medical Surgical Oncology
Schedule: Full Time Days, 7a-7p with rotating weekends andholidays
Sign-On Bonus available with 2 or more years of RN experience!
Do you want to be partof a family and not just another employee? Jump start your career today andfind out what it truly means to be part of an awesome nursing team!
John Randolph Medical Center , your localcommunity hospital, serving Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Petersburg and thesurrounding area since 1915. At our 147-bed hospital, you can access theadvanced technology and sophisticated treatments typically found in largerurban medical centers. A top performing hospitalrecognized by the Joint Commission, John Randolph Medical Center has alsoreceived recognition from the American Association of Respiratory Care and ouremergency room is stroke and chest pain accredited. We remain focused on continuously expanding our services and technology, enablingus to provide quality services to our community. As one of the HCAVirginia hospitals, we deliver the best of both worlds high-quality,technology-assisted expert care in a warm, welcoming and personalizedenvironment.
Recognized for four consecutive years as one of the Joint Commission sTop Performing Hospitals and have obtained The Joint Commission s diseasespecific accreditation for our Hip and Knee Replacement Programs.
Why Join our Med/Surg team?
- Gain experience in a wide variety of skill setsincluding wound care, oncology, general medicine, and orthopedics.
- Recently updated 21-bed unit with two dedicatedinfusion rooms and convenient Physical Therapy room located on the unit
- Growthoriented unit and supportive nurse leadership.
- Patientcentered team that s just like family!
- Responsible for clinicalmanagement of the patient.
- Participates andunderstands Quality Management activities.
- Documents nursing careutilizing the appropriate tools.
- Maintains competenciesin clinical areas and is responsible for professional growth and development.
- Complies withprofessional, regulatory, governmental and departmental standards.
- Participates in otherduties as assigned.
Required: Graduationfrom an accredited School of Nursing.
Required: Licensed oreligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a registered nurse.BSN preferred.
Oncology Certified Nursepreferred.
Required: Previousexperience in an acute care facility preferred. Oncology Nursing Societychemotherapy
Biotherapy coursecompletion preferred along with experience administering chemotherapy andbiotherapy.
We value YOU and yourfuture!
We offer you anexcellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellentbenefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and yourability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,dental, flex spending, life, disability coverage, tuition reimbursement up to$5,250 per year, employee consumer discount program, employee stock purchaseprogram and student loan assistance up to $150 per month. We would love to talk to you about thisfantastic opportunity!
We are an equalopportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminateon the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexualorientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Associated topics: care unit, coronary, hospice, infusion, intensive care, maternal, psychatric, surgery, surgical, transitional