RN Registered Nurse Step Down
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by John Randolph Medical Center
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
John Randolph Medical Center We re your local community hospital, serving Hopewell, ColonialHeights, Petersburg and the surrounding area since 1915. At our 147-bedhospital, you can access the advanced technology and sophisticated treatmentstypically found in larger urban medical centers. As one of the HCA Virginiahospitals, we deliver the best of both worlds high-quality, technology-assistedexpert care in a warm, welcoming and personalized environment.
SPECIFICELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsiblefor clinical management of the patient.
2. Functionsas a Registered Nurse by role - modeling professional behavior.
3. Functionsas a Charge Nurse/Resource Nurse.
4. Assuressatisfaction of customers (patients, visitors, physicians and staff)
5. Participatesand understands Quality Management activities.
6. Demonstrateseffective communication skills.
7. Demonstratesunderstanding of hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
8. Promotescost effective unit operations.
9. Documentsnursing care utilizing the appropriate tools.
10. Maintainscompetencies in clinical areas and is responsible for professional growth anddevelopment.
11. Complieswith professional, regulatory, governmental and departmental standards.
12.All other duties as assigned by charge nurses and nurses management.
Required: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.ACLS, CPR Maintains yearly competencies.EKG interpretation. Must pass a basic rhythm test. Must pass BKAT examination.
Preferred: Critical Care Certification
Required: Licensedor eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a registered nurse.
Preferred:Previous experience in an acute care facility.
Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, care unit, coronary, mhb, nurse, nurse rn, psychiatric, registered nurse, staff nurse