Registered Nurse RN, Short Stay Unit (Night Shifts)
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Chippenham Hospital
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Are you an experienced Registered Nurse dedicated to providing excellent care to your patients? Apply to join the new Short Stay Unit (SSU) at HCA s Chippenham Hospital.
See why our employees love working at Chippenham Hospital!
As one of the largest facilities in the nation s largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia s only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
- 63 rd on Fortune s 100 List
- O ne of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named by Ethisphere one of the World s Most Ethical Companies
- 10 Patient Rooms; with a capacity of up to 20 patients
- Most patients originate in the ER while some come to the SSU from Same Day Surgery, Angio, Interventional Radiology, or possibly outpatient directed admissions.
- Most patients discharge within 72 hours of admission under observation status.
If you're looking to be valued and invested in, your search is over! You will be supported by leaders on this unit that have a real passion for helping nurses reach their goals.
We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.
Check us out and Like Us on Facebook!
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS certification (preferred)
- Previous experience in an acute care setting (preferred)
- At least 1 year of experience with demonstrated competency in critical care skills (preferred)
- 12-Hour Shifts, Nights from 7pm to 7am
- Weekend and Holiday Rotations
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Assistance (up to $5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement)
- Loan Assistance Program (up to $150 per month)
\"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.\"
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care unit, ccu, intensive care, intensive care unit, mhb, neonatal, nurse, staff nurse, unit