Registered Nurse RN Intermediate Care Unit IMCU
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Portsmouth Regional Hospital
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Doyou have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in afast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in ourIntermediate Care Unit. Submit your application today!
Portsmouth Regional is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation s largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region s residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area s largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Most recently, we were named One of America s Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements through a National Study by Healthgrades. Most recently, we received the Leapfrog A Hospital Safety Grade .
Why We Love Working at Portsmouth Regional Hospital
Full Time, Nights
Additional Information about our Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU):
- 24 private bed unit, promoting patient privacy and overall care
- Patient population includes: stroke, cardiac arrhythmia, congestive heart failure, neuro, respiratory and detox (all monitored patients)
- Culture of promoting teamwork and working with other departments to create a critical care center of excellence
- ICU stepdown unit, offering critical care experience with recourses to help with PCCU and other certifications
- Nurse to Patient ratio based on acuity
- Multigenerational and cultural team, with self-scheduling offered
Education Required and/or Preferred:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Starting in 2019, for full time and part time employees, we will be offering an industry leading Student Loan Assistance Program!
- Current Registered Nurse License in New Hampshire or compact state
- Successful completion of Basic Arrhythmia and ACLS within three months of hire
- Critical Care or Telemetry Experience
- 1 to 3 years
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care unit, intensive, maternal, nurse, nurse rn, recovery, registed, registered nurse, unit