RN/Registered Nurse - Med/Surg - Joint and Spine - Days
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by John Randolph Medical Center
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for clinical management of the patient.
2. Functions as a Registered Nurse by role - modeling professional behavior.
3. Functions as a Charge Nurse/Resource Nurse.
4. Assures satisfaction of customers (patients, visitors, physicians and staff)
5. Participates and understands Quality Management activities.
6. Demonstrates effective communication skills.
7. Demonstrates understanding of hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
8. Promotes cost effective unit operations.
9. Documents nursing care utilizing the appropriate tools.
10. Maintains competencies in clinical areas and is responsible for professional growth and development.
11. Complies with professional, regulatory, governmental and departmental standards.
12. Participates in other duties as assigned.
Required: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
Required: Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a registered nurse. BSN preferred.
Oncology Certified Nurse preferred.
Required: Previous experience in an acute care facility preferred. Oncology Nursing Society chemotherapy
Biotherapy course completion preferred along with experience administering chemotherapy and biotherapy.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, intensive, intensive care unit, neonatal, nurse, nurse rn, psychatric, psychiatric, registered nurse, tcu