Registered Nurse RN Labor and Delivery
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Chippenham Hospital
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) with experience in a Labor and Delivery Unit (L&D)? Do you take pride in providing excellent nursing care to your patients, our delivering mothers and their newborn babies? If you want to use your critical thinking skills to act as a mother s guide through her stay, support the mother and her partner through the labor process, and provide comfort through birth, apply now to join the Labor and Delivery Unit at Chippenham Hospital.
See why our employees love working at Chippenham Hospital!
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is a HCA facility, which ranks 63 rd on Fortune s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Provisional Level I Trauma Center, which means we provide fast, skilled care in life s most difficult moments.
Labor and Delivery Unit:
- 12 Labor Delivery Recovery Suites (LDR)
- 2 Triage Rooms
- 1 Operating Room
- 14 private Postpartum Rooms
- We deliver on average 1,100 to 1,200 babies each year
At Chippenham we utilize AWHONN staffing guidelines to support a positive work environment for our team. Our team of highly-trained Obstetricians, Perinatologists, Anesthesiologists, Registered Nurses, IBCLC Lactation Consultants, OB OR Techs and Patient Care Techs deliver high quality and compassionate family-centered care to our mothers and their babies.
Take a Virtual Tour of Chippenham Hospital s Obstetrics Unit
What Sets Us Apart:
- I feel a sense of accomplishment when I am able to better someone s life either through education or performing services in the L&D. KC
- I enjoy connecting with new mothers and being a part of integral teaching. CM
- I love working in the nursery because the staff is wonderful and having the ability to educate the patients is rewarding. LK
Check us out and Like Us on Facebook!
Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
Current license or eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Virginia (required)
American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
ACLS, PALS (preferred)
At least 1 year of nursing experience in an acute care setting (required)
At least 1 year of nursing experience in Labor and Delivery (preferred)
We offer a generous compensation package and a wide range of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (*PRNs eligible for these)
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Assistance (up to $5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement)
- Student Loan Assistance Program (up to $150 per month)
- Exciting Voluntary Benefit Options
\"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.\"
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, mhb, nurse rn, registed, staff nurse, surgery, tcu, transitional, unit