Registered Nurse RN Float Pool
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Terre Haute Regional Hospital
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN)Float Pool Full Time Nights, 36 hours per week, 7p--7:30a with weekend andholiday rotation
Do you enjoyworking in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career whileworking in our Float Pool. Submit your application today!
Terre Haute RegionalHospital is looking forexperienced and compassionate (RN) to join our Float Team. Must be open toworking varying units based on staffing needs. Great way to gain experience inacute care setting with differing levels of patient acuity and care protocol. Flexiblescheduling! Will include working every other weekend and holidayrotation requirements. Two years of Registered Nurse experienced preferred. BLScertification required, ACLS preferred.
Regional Hospital is a 278-bed Level II Trauma Center.Regional is the only full-service hospital in the area accredited by The JoinCommission and has provided quality care for the local community for 135 years.We offer cardiovascular services, including open-heart and cardiaccatheterization; oncology services, which include radiation therapy andoutpatient infusion labor and delivery, including a neonatal intensive careunit; inpatient mental health unit; and other specialized care areas, includingintensive care and inpatient rehabilitation units.
What will you be doing?
This position isdesigned to plan, assess, implement, and evaluate the ongoing delivery of careto assigned patients. Also performs nursing care in a holisticmanner. Assists the management/charge nurse with responsibilities asneeded.
- I n accordance with hospital policy, may insert I.V. s,administer I.V. medications, and begin blood product transfusion.
- Observes and records patientreactions to medication, I.V. therapy, blood transfusion, and treatment.
- Receivesand transcribes/checks physician s orders in a timely manner.
- Providesand documents patient and family education as needed.
- Coordinatesadmission through discharge plans with case manager, patient, and family
- Activelyparticipates in the orientation of new personnel.
Essential educational/licensure,skills and experience:
- Graduation from an accreditedschool of nursing with current or pending licensure by the Indiana StateBoard of Nursing as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Have a basic knowledge ofJCAHO, CMS and ISBH standards, rules and regulations.
- Have a basic knowledge ofperformance improvements concepts and unit activities.
- Certification: BLS and RN mustbe maintained throughout employment with Terre Haute Regional Hospital.
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention(CPI) training completion within 1 year of hire and maintenance ofcertification.
- We offer multiple health insurance plan options as wellas dental and vision coverage and a company paid term life insurancepolicy.
- You will be eligible for our tremendous educationassistance programs: Up to $5,250 per year in TuitionReimbursement and Student Loan Assistance - $150 permonth for FT employees
- Keeping your work/life balance in mind, we offer theflexibility of self-scheduling and a robust Paid Time Off accrual.
- What are your future retirement plans? HCA alsoprovides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Engage in growing your talent and gain leadershipskills through our Charge Nurse and Preceptor courses. Bonuses forreceiving clinical certifications
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, cardiothoracic, domiciliary, intensive, intensive care unit, mhb, nurse clinical, nurse rn, psychiatric