Grad RN Nurse Residency Medical Unit
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Henrico Doctors Hospital Parham
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for patient care? Do youwant to work for a leading healthcare organization that values yourprofessional growth? Come and join our 2019 StaRN Nurse Residency Program!
Happy at Parham:
HospitalCorporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK.We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere smost ethical company s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated$3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts,and other uncompensated expenses.
Parham Doctors Hospital , a campus of Henrico Doctors Hospital , is a 200-bed acutecare facility located in Richmond, VA. We are a HospitalCorporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63 rd on Fortune s 500 , and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S. We have alsobeen named one of the Nation s Top 100 Hospitals by Truven HealthAnalytics , which is a recognition that would not bepossible without the dedicated team of physicians, nurses, and staff at ourfacilities.
HCA Nurse ResidencyProgram (Medical Unit)
StaRN Program (12 weeks total):
Our StaRN Program willprovide you with the tools necessary to succeed in today s hospitalenvironment. It will help you transition out of the classroom setting and ontothe unit by providing the following training:
- 5 weeks classroom, self-study,skills & simulations
- 7 weeks preceptorship
- Certifications: ECG,TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI
- 9 month program factored into afull time position on the unit
- You will learn Charge Nurse andPreceptor skills
- You will collaborate with amentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- Your project has an opportunityto gain recognition by corporate for further recognition
September 23rd, 2019
Additional Informationabout our Medical Unit:
- You will work on a 15-bed unit with a patient population to include general medical and orthopedic overflow
- You will work with a very team-oriented team where you will experience consistent support in your professional development
- This is a great unit to develop the skills you need to be a successful nurse and experience continued growth!
We offer you anexcellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellentbenefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and yourability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program, employeestock purchase program, tuitionreimbursement and student loan repayment.
Intrigued? Don't wait,apply today. We are actively reviewing applicationsfor motivated new grads who will help us raise the bar in patient care! Be apart of an organization that invests in you. HCA is dedicated to the growth anddevelopment of our colleagues and we are committed to providing you with thetools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We would love to speak with youabout this fantastic opportunity.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months- BSN preferred
- Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam
- Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
Associated topics: care unit, infusion, intensive care unit, mhb, neonatal, psychiatric, recovery, surgical, tcu, unit