Grad RN Nurse Residency Progressive Care Unit
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by John Randolph Medical Center
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for patient care? Do youwant to work for a leading healthcare organization that values yourprofessional growth? Come and join our 2019 StaRN Nurse Residency Program!
HospitalCorporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK.We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere smost ethical company s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated$3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts,and other uncompensated expenses.
John Randolph Medical Center, a 147-bed acutecare facility, is located in the historic, riverfront city of Hopewell,VA. John Randolph is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility,who ranks 63 rd on Fortune s500 , and is one of the largesthealthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities arealmost endless! John Randolph Medical Center currently holds a LeapfrogGroup A Patient Safety Score. Among other awards and certifications,the Joint Commission hasawarded us the advanced primary stroke care center, acute myocardialinfarction, joint replacement, and Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.Additionally, we ve been awarded the Gold Seal of Approval fromThe Joint Commission for excellence in total hip and knee programs.
HCA Nurse ResidencyProgram (Progressive Care Unit)
StaRN Program (14 weeks total):
Our StaRN Program willprovide you with the tools necessary to succeed in today s hospitalenvironment. It will help you transition out of the classroom setting and ontothe unit by providing the following training:
- 6 weeks classroom, self-study,skills & simulations
- 8 weeks preceptorship
- Certifications: ECG,TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI
You will collaborate with amentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- 9 month program factored into afull time position on the unit
- You will learn Charge Nurse andPreceptor skills
- You will collaborate with amentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- Your project has an opportunityto gain recognition by corporate for further recognition
September 23rd, 2019
Additional Informationabout our Progressive Care Unit:
- You will work on a 9-bed unit sharing the floor with our ICU
- Our Progressive Care Unit is our ICU Stepdown where you will work with a close-knit team with a well-rounded skill set
- Our leadership is very supportive of your professional growth and loves to promote from within!
We offer you anexcellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellentbenefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and yourability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program, employeestock purchase program, tuitionreimbursement and student loan repayment.
Intrigued? Don't wait,apply today. We are actively reviewing applicationsfor motivated new grads who will help us raise the bar in patient care! Be apart of an organization that invests in you. HCA is dedicated to the growth anddevelopment of our colleagues and we are committed to providing you with thetools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We would love to speak with youabout this fantastic opportunity.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months- BSN preferred
- Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam
- Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, care unit, infusion, intensive care, maternal, nurse, psychatric, psychiatric, surgery