Charge Registered Nurse- Neuro Tele- Nights
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by CJW Medical Center
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
See why our employees love working at Johnston Willis Hospital!
Johnston-Willis Hospital, a 292-bed acute care facility, is located in the upbeat, North Chesterfield area, a short drive from Chesterfield Town Center, offering an abundance of restaurants and shops. Johnston-Willis Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63 rd on Fortune s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Among other awards and certifications, the Joint Commission has awarded Johnston-Willis Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and was the first non-academic Richmond Hospital center to be awarded Comprehensive Stroke Certification by DNV-GL Healthcare, the highest level of competence possible for stroke care.
Johnston-Willis Hospital is the only hospital in the area, and only the second in Virginia, to use the Gamma Knife ICON , a minimally invasive stereotactic radiosurgery tool that uses extremely precise cobalt radiation beams. The Gamma Knife is used to treat brain tumors , trigeminal neuralgia (face pain) and other neurological disorders
The Neuro Science Department at Johnston-Willis Hospital:
- 12 Private Rooms ( ICU) ; 23 Private Rooms (Tele) focusing on Brain and Spine
- Patient nurse Ratio is 2:1 within the ICU and 4:1 within the Telemetry unit
- Patient Population includes- Complicated Neuro-Surgical Procedures that include Brain and Spine, Ischemic and Hemorrhagic Strokes, Neuro-Interventional and Endovascular Procedures, Brain Tumor and Gamma Knife Treatment etc...
- Ability for new nurses to begin their professional growth on our Neuroscience Stepdown Unit and are able to seamlessly transition to our Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit (NSICU)
- A supportive culture focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
\"I am new to the Neuro Science Unit and what I love most is how friendly the co-workers are. This unit is AMAZING!\" AW
\"I enjoy the staff that I work with and the challenging patients\" TH
\"I love my co-workers, the leadership team, and the flexibility\"- ES
Check Us Out and Like Us on Facebook!
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from a school of professional nursing (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS certification (required)
- Minimum of one year experience in an Intensive Care Unit setting (Preferred)
- Minimum two years experience as an RN (Preferred)
- Full Time
- 12 hour shifts
- 72 hours every pay period (every two weeks)
- Every 3 rd weekend coverage
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts, along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- HCA Healthcare is partnering with Bright Horizon EdAssist Solutions to provide a monthly benefit toward qualifying education loans incurred by eligible active full-time and part-time employees who have completed 90 days of service.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, care unit, ccu, mhb, nurse rn, psychiatric, surgical, transitional, unit