Information Security Analyst
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Peraton
Peraton is seeking an Information Security / Privacy Analyst, in Alexandria, VA, to provide security operations support for mission critical systems. This individual will be responsible for the system administrations and maintenance of various computer security systems to support monitoring of a secure network to include Linux, UNIX and Windows based systems.
What You'll Do...
- You will be responsible for analyzing and/or administering security controls for information systems
- You will safeguard the network against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction or disclosure
- You will implement and enforce company security policies. Manage the company's firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- You will provide incident response, analysis and reporting per policies and procedures
- You will provide support to review, assess and document vulnerabilities to improve the security posture of information systems
You'd be a great fit if...
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology/Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience (or similar technical field)
- You have Two years relevant professional experience in configuring, hardening and supporting cybersecurity systems
- You have experience with configuring, hardening and vulnerability assessment of network products such as Routers, Switches and Firewalls (CISCO, Palo Alto, Juniper)
- You have experience with security assessment and authorization activities required for Federal information systems
- You have experience using security tools such as SPLUNK, Nessus/ACAS, STIGs, McAfee, HP Web Inspect, Solarwinds Event Manager, and Solarwinds Patch Manager
- You possess a DoD 8570.1M certified DoD 8570 IAT or IAM Level 2 compliant professional certification such as SCCP or Security +
- You have an Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Have knowledge of computer security topics such as digital forensics, incident response, application security and malware analysis
- Possess a working knowledge of networking fundamentals such as network protocols and common services (e.g., DNS, FTP, SSH, SNMP)
- Have previous experience supporting a Government and/or Department of Defense customer
- Have experience with application of DoD IAVAs, DISA STIGs, and NIST security controls
- Possess a Computing Environment Certification in one or more of MS Win10, Win Server 2012, Linux, CCENT, CCNA, Junos)
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Associated topics: identity, identity access management, information assurance, information security, leak, malicious, security, security engineer, threat, vulnerability
$100k - $115k Annual
$100k - $120k Annual