Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Closet Factory of Portland, OR
Purpose of this Job:
Ambassadors work approximately 32 hours per week in retail stores to engage consumers and provide them with information about Closet Factory products in select Costco stores in the Portland and Vancouver area. Additionally, we are represented in Costco locations in Bend, Salem, Albany, Corvallis and Eugene. The most important part of a Ambassadors job is to create a positive experience with the consumers and assisting Closet Factory to achieve specific goals. Interactions build positive awareness of the company brand, communicate the unique value of the product and encourage homeowners to get organized.
Main Accountabilities and Supporting Activities:
- Increase overall awareness and sales of Closet Factory products through in-store and event demonstrations
- Conduct planned demonstrations in assigned retail stores to achieve specified goals
- Capture consumers attention to participate in high energy in-store demonstrations
- Be a credible product and brand expert by educating consumers on the features and benefits of our products encouraging them to have an in-home consultation
- Maintain responsibility for all demonstration and other POP material
- Build and maintain strong relationships with store personnel
- Capture accurate consumer information and communicate per established guidelines
- High School or GED required
- 1-year experience in a public interfacing role or experience in retail sales
- Prior promotional demonstrating experience a plus
- Highly organized with excellent verbal skills
- Wednesday through Sunday schedule. Flexible times are available.
- Professional, outgoing demeanor with strong presentation skills
- Ability to be the Closet Factory representative, understand the products and uphold the integrity of the company at all times
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated and be able to work well independently
- Must have valid drivers license with a good driving record and reliable transportation
- Access to a private computer and a cell phone with the ability to send and receive text messages
- Ability to stand on your feet up to eight hours at a time
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.